Backpacker's Spaghetti and Meat Sauce for Two
thanks to Howard Holtman
- 1/2 cups dried ground beef (1-LB original weight)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce leather (dried from 24 oz jar of liquid)
- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried zucchini
- 1 glove fresh garlic
- 200 grams spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese
1. Mix beef, chopped garlic, leather, mushrooms and zucchini in 2+ cups of water and simmer for 30 minutes or until reconstituted (note: add veggies to cold water and then heat)
2. Boil pasta in water (with a little salt and oil) until soft. Drain and put on plates
3. Pour meat sauce over top
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Dehydrated meat and sauce makes this light and store-able on the trail for weeks. Once you serve this it will be required eating on all future trips.